Examples of such subject matters might be:
- "Upstream" context such as History of Law and Philosophy of Law, paradigmatic questions such as Legal Positivism vs. Natural Law vs. Jurisprudence of Values, and so on.
- "Horizontal" or "Parallel" context such as Comparative Law and Legal Systems
- "Downstream" issues such as Economic Analysis of Law and Constitutional Economics.
- Matters that are both "upstream" and "downstream", as they inform Lawmaking and are direly affected by it, such as Sociological Jurisprudence and Legal Anthropology
- Matters about applying STEM to Law in order to organize and structure the body of knowledge, facilitate and accelerate repetitive tasks, etc., such as Legal Informatics and Legal Technology.
Would these be on-topic for the site? Or should we stay as close as possible to the nuts and bolts of legal practice and application of one system's laws?