Is there a general rule we can and should use to determine whether -law tags should be synonyms (and deprecated), or if and when they should be preserved and used as separate from their root tags? Answer and vote below!
Alternatively: If you believe this should be handled on a case-by-case basis, then you can either advocate within the specific thread or simply create coherent tag wikis for the pairs you think deserve to be separate and we'll take that as evidence that they should not be part of any general solution (and note them accordingly here).
Feel free to amend this list as you find examples.
- criminal is now a synonym for criminal-law
- employment-law is now a synonym for employment
- Merge tags [international] and [international-law]? international-law is now a synonym for international
- Should "traffic" and "traffic-laws" be synonymized? traffic-laws is now a synonym for traffic
- The [contract] and [contract-law] tags (contract vs contract-law)
- intellectual-property vs intellectual-property-law
- This answer also addresses corporate vs. corporate-law, and suggests that in these first two cases differences are worth preserving ... except that presently nobody is using corporate