I've been working with map projections and datum transformations for years, including in ArcView GIS, ArcInfo 7 and up, MapObjects, and ArcGIS. I'm a member of the Geodesy subcommittee of the Geomatics committee of the International Organisation of Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP) which maintains the EPSG Geodetic Parameter Registry.
Beyond work, I read a lot of fantasy and science fiction.
Member for 5 years, 5 months
1 profile view
Last seen Jan 8 at 23:54
- Geographic Information Systems 17.6k 17.6k 11 gold badge3434 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Travel 7.2k 7.2k 11 gold badge2929 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Expatriates 2.4k 2.4k 1010 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Academia 2.3k 2.3k 1818 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 2.1k 2.1k 1414 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 50 What is the line crossing the Pacific Ocean that is shown on maps?
- 38 Displaying coordinates and inputs as LatLon or LonLat?
- 36 How do I differentiate between addressing two professors with the same last name?
- 34 Sci-fi short stories where the title had the word "box" in it
- 33 Identifying Coordinate System of Shapefile when Unknown?
- 30 Do ArcGIS SpatialReference object factory codes correspond with EPSG numbers?
- 30 What makes a MXD file size larger and how to decrease its size?
- View more network posts →