I've been working with map projections and datum transformations for years, including in ArcView GIS, ArcInfo 7 and up, MapObjects, and ArcGIS. I'm a member of the Geodesy subcommittee of the Geomatics committee of the International Organisation of Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP) which maintains the EPSG Geodetic Parameter Registry.
Beyond work, I read a lot of fantasy and science fiction.
Member for 4 years, 5 months
1 profile view
Last seen Sep 6 '19 at 21:51
- Geographic Information Systems 16.9k 16.9k 11 gold badge3333 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Travel 7k 7k 2828 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Expatriates 2.4k 2.4k 88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 2k 2k 1313 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Academia 1.8k 1.8k 1515 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 50 What is the line crossing the Pacific Ocean that is shown on maps?
- 38 Displaying coordinates and inputs as LatLon or LonLat?
- 34 Sci-fi short stories where the title had the word "box" in it
- 33 Identifying Coordinate System of Shapefile when Unknown?
- 30 Do ArcGIS SpatialReference object factory codes correspond with EPSG numbers?
- 30 What makes a MXD file size larger and how to decrease its size?
- 27 What are the name and purpose of this domed building in Los Angeles?
- View more network posts →