After earning a degree in mathematics and almost a physics major as well, I turned to the dark side and became an attorney who practices mostly in business law, taxation, estate planning and probate, especially for same sex couples and marijuana businesses.
I have been a science blogger since 2005, first at "Wash Park Prophet" and then split off at a sister blog called "Dispatches From Turtle Island" (which is one of the Native American names for North America). In my spare time, I judge high school speech and debate competitions, and make cocktails. Also, nobody knows if you're a cat on the Internet.
Member for 2 years, 10 months
17 profile views
Last seen Jun 5 at 22:01
- Law 58.4k 58.4k 22 gold badges7070 silver badges153153 bronze badges
- Politics 24.2k 24.2k 33 gold badges5959 silver badges105105 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 8k 8k 2626 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Physics 2.5k 2.5k 1111 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1.7k 1.7k 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 332 Why is the Trump Administration often labeled as anti-science?
- 162 What ethical (if any) or economical arguments are offered in defense of the inheritance tax?
- 157 Why are states purportedly performing assassinations with chemical and radioactive weapons?
- 134 On what basis might Trump's executive order on immigration be illegal?
- 99 Can I enter a rental property without giving notice if I'm afraid a tenant may be hurt?
- 96 Stealing my own property back?
- 84 How come the nude protesters were not arrested?
- View more network posts →