David the expat sez: "Stack Exchange Rocks!" so, let Stack Exchange be Stack Exchange.
My goal is to spend less time in my "...snow white cube containing only the bare necessities, a computer, and a large library of treatises, maps, and precise scale models*."
Member for 1 year, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Sep 29 at 23:07
- Space Exploration 110.6k 110.6k 3737 gold badges285285 silver badges886886 bronze badges
- Astronomy 22.3k 22.3k 66 gold badges4343 silver badges130130 bronze badges
- Earth Science 7.1k 7.1k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 6.3k 6.3k 2525 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- Chemistry 5.7k 5.7k 2121 silver badges6666 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 144 How did the Apollo computers evaluate transcendental functions like sine, arctangent, log?
- 104 What makes Ada the language of choice for the ISS's safety-critical systems?
- 85 If a massive object like Jupiter flew past the Earth how close would it need to come to pull people off of the surface?
- 84 Are there any satellites in geosynchronous but not geostationary orbits?
- 79 What can the KSP game actually teach about spaceflight and orbital mechanics, and what are its limitations?
- 78 Could "peak Apollo levels" of support have gotten NASA astronauts to Mars in the 1980's?
- 78 How much bigger could Earth be, before rockets wouldn't work?
- View more network posts →